www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Paul Curtis <pcur...@terrapin.com>
Subject mod_jserv/5374: Multi Valued Form Fields over an Unknown Size Causes Servlet to Return No Data
Date Fri, 26 Nov 1999 03:45:48 GMT

>Number:         5374
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       Multi Valued Form Fields over an Unknown Size Causes Servlet to Return
No Data
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Form fields with the same name with lots of data cause the servlet to return no data. The
servlet does nothing but call getParameterNames() and iterates through each and prints each
value. When the fields are filled with lots of data, the servlet doesn't return anything.
Somewhere around six hundred bytes in a single field, the servlet fails.

I have sniffed the network to see if the data is being transmitted from the web server to
the JServ server. It is. No log information is recorded with all logging enabled.
>How-To-Repeat:
http://www.terrapin.com/curtis/parameter_test.html

The servlet is available at:
http://www.terrapin.com/curtis/params.java