www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <apache...@keeff.com>
Subject mod_proxy/5352: No way to Limit ProxyRemote to specific methods
Date Tue, 23 Nov 1999 02:38:02 GMT

>Number:         5352
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       No way to Limit ProxyRemote to specific methods
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Given that there are some methods that mod_proxy does not handle, it might be
nice to allow the webmaster to forward those requests to a different proxy on
a method by method basis.

Something like:

<LimitExcept GET>
ProxyRemote ftp http://rwftp-proxy.company.com:8888/
</LimitExcept>

But Limit and LimitExcept only apply to access controls.  Need they?
>How-To-Repeat:
Try to handle ftp downloads on proxyA but have proxyA forward ftp uploads to
proxyB
>Fix:
Well, probably an extra field in the proxy_remote struct, possibly a change to
proxy_cmds[] to allow the command to be wrapped in Limit, almost certainly a
check for the method in proxy_handler().  If I get time I may have to try to
cook up a patch to do this.  It should be done properly though, i.e. cater for
NoProxy and others too.