www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Bernd Nies <bn...@hsr.ch>
Subject general/5349: Bugfix for HPUX11 in src/os/unix/os.c, HPUX and Apache APXS w/php3
Date Mon, 22 Nov 1999 18:28:28 GMT

>Number:         5349
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Bugfix for HPUX11 in src/os/unix/os.c, HPUX and Apache APXS w/php3
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When compiling Apache with gcc on HPUX 11 and the options

  ./configure --enable-module=most --enable-shared=max

for APXS (dynamical loadable modules) it causes a compilation error.
This is due to a missing preprocessor instruction in src/os/unix/os.c.
The line should be

  #if defined(HPUX) || defined(HPUX10) || defined(HPUX11)

It compiles without errors now. So far so good. This only for
information.

But when compiling the PHP3-Module with the option

  ./configure --with-apxs=<path-to-apache>/bin/apxs

There appears this error:

ld -b -o libphp3.so ./mod_php3.o libmodphp3-so.a -L/usr/local/lib
-L/opt/gnu/lib -lgdbm -lgdbm pcrelib/libpcre.a -lpam -lm -lnsl -Lpcrelib
-lpcre -L/opt/gnu/lib
ld: DP relative code in file libmodphp3-so.a(maketables.o) - shared library
must be position
    independent.  Use +z or +Z to recompile.
apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=65536
make: *** [libphp3.so] Error 1

OK, I already replaced the +z option in the Makefile with -fpic
for the GNU gcc and Apache has compiled with the option  -fpic, too.
Apache+APXS+PHP3 compile under RedHat Linux 6.0 without complaints.

Thanks in advance for any hints.

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Insert the suggested line in src/os/unix/os.c.