www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Pieter Swart <swa...@techpta.ac.za>
Subject general/5346: MS IExplorer5.0 wants a user-name and password for Ms-Word documents
Date Mon, 22 Nov 1999 15:20:07 GMT

>Number:         5346
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       MS IExplorer5.0 wants a user-name and password for Ms-Word documents
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
For some reason Iexplorer5.0 wants to open doc files without giving you the option of saving
it to disk. It then tells you that the server requires a password and user-name. However when
you click on the cancel button it opens the files anyway in an embedded word-window.

My previous Apache server (Apache1.3.0+FP extensions) did not do this and I did try to use
the newest version of Apache(1.3.9) but I couldn’t get one or more of  the patches (FP,PHP,Mod_SSL)
to work.
The error_log file does not log this action either.
>How-To-Repeat:
Unfortunately the site is located on an intranet. So I cant give you any URL’s to try and
access.