www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Christan Beharrell <dirt_bike...@hotmail.com>
Subject os-windows/5343: Whenever I try to execute a perl script I get this: No such file or directory: couldn't spawn child process: c:/apache/cgi-bin/wwwboard.pl . I tried all different sha-bangs but none worked.
Date Sun, 21 Nov 1999 21:51:11 GMT

>Number:         5343
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Whenever I try to execute a perl script I get this: No such file or directory:
couldn't spawn child process: c:/apache/cgi-bin/wwwboard.pl .   I tried all different sha-bangs
but none worked.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
This is what my httpd is:

# ScriptAlias: This controls which directories contain server scripts.
# ScriptAliases are essentially the same as Aliases, except that
# documents in the realname directory are treated as applications and
# run by the server when requested rather than as documents sent to the client.
# The same rules about trailing "/" apply to ScriptAlias directives as to
# Alias.
#
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin "c:/apache/cgi-bin"

#
# "c:/apache/cgi-bin" should be changed to whatever your ScriptAliased
# CGI directory exists, if you have that configured.
#
<Directory "c:/apache/cgi-bin">
    AllowOverride None
    Options None
</Directory>
<Directory C:/apache/cgi-bin>
Options ExecCGI
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
</Directory>
#
# Redirect allows you to tell clients about documents which used to exist in
# your server's namespace, but do not anymore. This allows you to tell the
# clients where to look for the relocated document.
# Format: Redirect old-URI new-URL
#

AND HERE IS THE OTHER PART

# AddHandler allows you to map certain file extensions to "handlers",
# actions unrelated to filetype. These can be either built into the server
# or added with the Action command (see below)
#
# If you want to use server side includes, or CGI outside
# ScriptAliased directories, uncomment the following lines.
#
# To use CGI scripts:
#
AddHandler cgi-script cgi
AddHandler cgi-script pl
AddType application/x-httpd-cgi .script
#
# To use server-parsed HTML files
#
AddType text/html .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

#
# Uncomment the following line to enable Apache's send-asis HTTP file
# feature
#
AddHandler send-as-is asis

#
# If you wish to use server-parsed imagemap files, use
#
AddHandler imap-file map

#
# To enable type maps, you might want to use
#
AddHandler type-map var

#
# Action lets you define media types that will execute a script whenever
# a matching file is called. This eliminates the need for repeated URL
# pathnames for oft-used CGI file processors.
Action media/type /cgi-script/cgi-bin/
Action handler-name /cgi-script/cgi-bin/

>How-To-Repeat:
Contact me for an Ip address
>Fix:
Not really