www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dave Itter <it...@island.net>
Subject general/5328: kill -USR1 has no effect
Date Wed, 17 Nov 1999 20:13:17 GMT

>Number:         5328
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       kill -USR1 has no effect
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When running a kill -USR1 or apachectl graceful, apache doesn't do anything.
A strace of the main httpd process doesn't show that apache has even recieved the SIGUSR1.

This is happening on two different RH 5.2 machines, both with 2.0.38 kernels and 1.3.9 apache.
It does work properly on 3 different RH 4.2 machines (2.0.38 kernel) running apache 1.3.9

Running apachectl restart or kill -HUP works properly.

We have done kill -USR1 on other processes on the machine, and they are accepted by the programs,
just not by apache.