www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From David Saez <da...@ols.es>
Subject mod_alias/5313: ScriptAlias malfunction
Date Mon, 15 Nov 1999 09:55:20 GMT

>Number:         5313
>Category:       mod_alias
>Synopsis:       ScriptAlias malfunction
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I have in srm.conf:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/Count.cgi  /usr/local/Counter/bin/Count.cgi

I want this alias to work with all virtual servers, It works for all but
when I define in <VirtualHost>

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/  /usr/local/apache/http-docs/virtual2/cgi-bin/

and try to access /cgi-bin/Count.cgi apache returns a File Not Found Error.
If I copy the scriptalias definition from srm.conf to virtualhost it works
fine, but it should take in account that the scriptalias defined in srm.conf
is global and so it must work for all virtual servers
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Maybe a problem in the way aliases are looked for matches, it should first
look for that that better matches the requested uri.