www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Chris Graham <chr...@webwombat.com.au>
Subject os-aix/5309: AIX - dlopen() problems fixed
Date Mon, 15 Nov 1999 00:11:58 GMT

>Number:         5309
>Category:       os-aix
>Synopsis:       AIX - dlopen() problems fixed
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        1.3.9
>Environment:
AIX arachnide9aix 3 4 000970664C00

AIX 4.3.2
IBM Visual Age C Compiler
In trying to generate a 64 bit version of Apache with DSO support, it was
found that the original "do it yourself" code [in os-aix-dso.c] does not
work with a 64 bit build of Apache. To work around this, I had to either
fix the supplied code, or get Apache to use real AIX dlopen... etc.
I chose the latter.

The fix ented up being quite simple really. See below.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
In src/os/unix/os.h
/*
 * Do not use native AIX DSO support (Only for AIX 4.1 and below)
 */
#if AIX <= 41
#undef HAVE_DLFCN_H
#endif

In src/os/unix/os.c

/*
 * Insert the DSO emulation code for AIX (Only for AIX 4.1 and below)
 */
#if AIX <= 41
#include "os-aix-dso.c"
#endif

And the most important bit:

In src/support/httpd.exp:

Change the first line of httpd.exp from:

#!

to:

#! .

And bingo, you have have a 64 bit, native DSO support enabled version of Apache.