www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Bernd Nies <bn...@hsr.ch>
Subject os-hpux/5297: Does not compile with APXS support on HP-UX 11.00
Date Fri, 12 Nov 1999 13:01:39 GMT

>Number:         5297
>Category:       os-hpux
>Synopsis:       Does not compile with APXS support on HP-UX 11.00
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
When I try to compile with APXS (dynamical loading of modules) it complains
about lacking support for dynamical loading:

./configure --prefix=/opt/apache \
--enable-module=most \
--enable-shared=max

make

/usr/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
   dlclose (code)
   dlopen (code)
   dlerror (code)
   dlsym (code)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [target_static] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/test/apache/src/apache_1.3.9/src'
make[1]: *** [build-std] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/test/apache/src/apache_1.3.9'
make: *** [build] Error 2

The same configure option on a Red Hat Linux 6.0 system works fine.
Compiling statically on HPUX works also fine but I don't want to recompile
the whole stuff (SSL+PHP+FastCGI+JServ+etc.) when I just want to add or
update a new module.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
HP support recommended to include the library /usr/lib/pa20_64/libdl.sl
But when I tried this it did not even finish the configure script