www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Anthony Brock <abr...@georgefox.edu>
Subject mod_proxy/5290: Cannot access local webpages when proxy configuration is active
Date Thu, 11 Nov 1999 18:22:19 GMT

>Number:         5290
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       Cannot access local webpages when proxy configuration is active
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Have installed apache 1.3.9 with mod_proxy, mod_ssl-2.4.5-1.3.9, mod_perl-1.21,
and mod_auth_ldap.  Have ldap authentication required to use proxy services.

>From netscape communicator 4.7, 4.61, and 4.6 we are able to actively browse
the internet without problems using the apache proxy server.  However, we are
unable to browser virtual servers found on the SAME server as the proxy server.

We receive:

404 Not Found - Netscape

Not Found

The requested URL http://proxy.georgefox.edu/ was not found on this server.