www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Simon Greaves <Simon.Grea...@usp.ac.fj>
Subject config/5287: need to edit 'Rule WANTHSREGEX' in src/Configuration.tmpl
Date Thu, 11 Nov 1999 02:58:34 GMT

>Number:         5287
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       need to edit 'Rule WANTHSREGEX' in src/Configuration.tmpl
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Using APACI, apache builds with the HSREGEX library. The library seems to
have problems on this platform which the system regex library does not. To
compile without the HSREGEX library I needed to edit Configuration.tmpl and
changed 'Rule WANTHSREGEX' to 'no'.
>How-To-Repeat:
On an alpha/DU4, try 'make r' in the src/regex directory to perform a
regression test. I get 12 regexec failures. I did not see a problem in
apache itself, but I did have problems with some RE stuff in PHP when it
was loaded as an apache module. I tried building php with the system regex,
but it still seems to use the one in apache.
>Fix:
Probably need further testing of system regex, but the HS library definately
looks broken.