www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From vsolve apache <vsolve_apa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: general/5252:
Date Wed, 10 Nov 1999 13:00:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/5252; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: vsolve apache <vsolve_apache@yahoo.com>
To: jamars@research.bell-labs.com, apbugs@hyperreal.org
Cc: apbugs@Apache.org
Subject: Re: general/5252:
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 03:53:09 -0800 (PST)

 Hi,
 We suggest the following changes in the httpd.conf
 file for
 "deny from all" inside a <Directory: proxy:*> to work.
 Uncomment the "ProxyRequests on" line in httpd.conf
 file.setting the ProxyRequests directive to on allows
 Apache to function as a proxy server.

 ie., in httpd.conf file

 <IfModule mod_proxy.c>
 ProxyRequests on

 <Directory proxy:*>
 order allow,deny
 deny from all
 </Directory>
 </IfModule>
 # End of proxy directives.

 regards,
 vsolve_apache.

 >Subject:
 >       general/5252: Directory proxy:* deny doesn't
 work
 <jamars@research.bell-labs.com>
 >    To:
 >       apbugs@hyperreal.org

 >Number:         5252
 >Category:       general
 >Synopsis:       Directory proxy:* deny doesn't work
 >Confidential:   no
 >Severity:       serious
 I want to deny proxy requests coming from a specific
 IP address.
 I have the following in my config:

   <Directory proxy:*>
   order allow,deny
   deny from 123.45.6.78
   </Directory>

 where 123.45.6.78 is a test IP address that I want to
 deny.

 Yet all requests from that IP address succeed.  It
 leaves that
 IP address in the logs too.

 When I use "deny from all", it still lets the requests
 through!

 I've looked through the bug reports and found a couple
 of mentions
 of similar problems, but no solutions that worked for
 me.  I've
 tried variations, such as Files, DirectoryMatch,
 Location, and
 LocationMatch, all to no avail.
 >How-To-Repeat:
 mod_proxy, with "deny from all" inside a <Directory:
 proxy:*>
 >Fix:
 No...

 =====