www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jon Budar-Danoff <Jonathan.Budar-Dan...@compaq.com>
Subject mod_jserv/5270: unable to use servlets on non-default port
Date Mon, 08 Nov 1999 18:25:31 GMT

>Number:         5270
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       unable to use servlets on non-default port
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I was unable to use servlets on any port other than the default 8007 while testing
code on my Solaris workstation.  Everything else worked, so I just shrugged it off.<p>

However, when I moved the code over to the production system and tried to build it,
the DEC C compiler whinged about the definition of the static const char null_b[2]
in the ajpv12_sendnbytes() function in jserv_ajpv12.c, saying that the string value
was too long by 5 bytes.<p>

Bonus: running servlets on a non-default port now works.
>How-To-Repeat:
Compile using the DEC C compiler on an AlphaServer running Digital Unix 4.0f.
>Fix:
Change definition from:<p>

static const char null_b[2] = "\xff\xff";<p>

to:<p>

static const char null_b[2] = { 0xff, 0xff };