www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dmitry Sivachenko <d...@chg.ru>
Subject suexec/5260: suexec'd scripts don't honour cputime limit
Date Fri, 05 Nov 1999 14:25:09 GMT

>Number:         5260
>Category:       suexec
>Synopsis:       suexec'd scripts don't honour cputime limit
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
In the operating system I use (FreeBSD), there is possibility to
restrict user programs from consuming too much cpu time.
It can be accomplished by setting 'cputime' variable in
/etc/login.conf.  But if suexec runs program as a particular
user, this program can consume unlimited cpu resources, regardless
what is written in /etc/login.conf
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
get current settings from login.conf and call setrlimit just
after suexec starts.