www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jonathan Marshall <jam...@research.bell-labs.com>
Subject general/5252: Directory proxy:* deny doesn't work
Date Thu, 04 Nov 1999 17:19:51 GMT

>Number:         5252
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Directory proxy:* deny doesn't work
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I want to deny proxy requests coming from a specific IP address.
I have the following in my config:

  <Directory proxy:*>
  order allow,deny
  deny from 123.45.6.78
  </Directory>

where 123.45.6.78 is a test IP address that I want to deny.

Yet all requests from that IP address succeed.  It leaves that
IP address in the logs too.

When I use "deny from all", it still lets the requests through!

I've looked through the bug reports and found a couple of mentions
of similar problems, but no solutions that worked for me.  I've
tried variations, such as Files, DirectoryMatch, Location, and
LocationMatch, all to no avail.
>How-To-Repeat:
mod_proxy, with "deny from all" inside a <Directory: proxy:*>
>Fix:
No...