www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From David Berry <db...@amkor.com>
Subject mod_jserv/5248: When apache generates a directory listing, it strips of the first two characters of every filename and directory name.
Date Thu, 04 Nov 1999 04:31:19 GMT

>Number:         5248
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       When apache generates a directory listing, it strips of the first two
characters of every filename and directory name.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
This problem only appears when I compile jserv into apache.  When apache
produces a directory listing (no index.html file), the first two characters are
stripped off of each filename and directory name.  Hence, the incorrect
text appears to the user, and hence the URL is incorrect.  So, if you click on the
URL, you get a file not found, because the first two characters are stripped off.

All other functions seem OK.  I can serve HTML pages, run servlets, do CGI.
This is the only problem I see.

I downloaded a solaris binary from the apache site, that had no jserv, and
just installed it directly, no recompiling, etc.  And I did not see this problem.
That leads me to believe its something with Jserv.
>How-To-Repeat:
Unfortunately my url is inside a firewall.  But if you need a tar file of
what I compiled, let me know.