www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Ollie Cook <o.c...@etoncollege.org.uk>
Subject mod_auth-any/5241: .htaccess asks for the user's password twice
Date Wed, 03 Nov 1999 17:59:50 GMT

>Number:         5241
>Category:       mod_auth-any
>Synopsis:       .htaccess asks for the user's password twice
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        1.3.4-9
>Environment:
uname -a: Linux marley.zenox.dhs.org 2.2.5-22 #1 Wed Jun 2 09:17:03 EDT 1999 i686 unknown

Running RedHat 6.0. Apache installed from tarball and linked with PHP3.0.12
I am using the following .htaccess file:
---------------------------------------
AuthUserFile /etc/shadow
AuthGroupFile /usr/local/apache/staff
AuthName "Zenox Staff Only"
AuthType Basic

require valid-user

The browser, be it NN or MSIE, always asks the user to input his password twice.
>How-To-Repeat:
You are not in my password file, but recreation of the problem on your system should be easy?
Apache is linked with PHP (which is linked with MySQL and gd1.5)
>Fix:
I have not found one yet.