www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From William Troper <wtro...@us.oracle.com>
Subject mod_jserv/5234: after jserv is ./configure'd the instructions that show up are missing a critical command
Date Tue, 02 Nov 1999 22:52:06 GMT

>Number:         5234
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       after jserv is ./configure'd the instructions that show up are missing
a critical command
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Configuration complete.

Apache Directory: /priv/apa/ap/apache_1.3.9
Apache Version: 1.3
Module Type: static (mod_jserv will be statically compiled into server)
Apache include flags: -I/priv/apa/ap/apache_1.3.9/src/include -I/priv/apa/ap/

Run make to compile the Java portion of Apache JServ.
(optional) Run 'make install' to make a .jar file, and copy it and the
docs into the directory you specified as --prefix:
/usr/local/jserv

Then cd to /priv/apa/ap/apache_1.3.9 and run configure like so:
./config.status --activate-module=src/modules/jserv/mod_jserv

Then do a make in order to build the C portion of Apache JServ
into your Apache server.

-->!@#$#@!!@# Then run 'make install'. !@#$#@!!@#<--

Then, to run the example configuration, put this in your httpd.conf:
Include /priv/apa/ap/ApacheJServ-1.0/example/jserv.conf

Then try visiting the URL:
http://plubet-mac:SERVER_PORT/example/Hello

If that works then you have successfully setup Apache JServ.
If that does not work then you should consult the FAQ-O-Matic
URL referenced below.
You might consider putting frequently used options into ./configure-options
>How-To-Repeat:
cd /jserv_source
./configure --with-apache-src=/apache_src
add : !@#$#@!!@# Then run 'make install'. !@#$#@!!@#