www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From vsolve apache <vsolve_apa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: general/5212: "satisfy any" in the config file without any related conf lines causes 500 errors but no logging of cause
Date Tue, 02 Nov 1999 13:00:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/5212; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: vsolve apache <vsolve_apache@yahoo.com>
To: apbugs@hyperreal.org, nick@talking.bollo.cx
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: general/5212: "satisfy any" in the config file without any related conf lines
causes 500 errors but no logging of cause
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 04:56:25 -0800 (PST)

 Hi,

 We suggest the following changes in the file
 http_request.c in Apache core  to log the cause in
 error_log file, when "satisfy any" in the config file
 without any related conf lines used.

 static void process_request_internal(request_rec *r)
 {
        int access_status;
        case SATISFY_ANY:
         if (((access_status = ap_check_access(r)) !=
 0) || !ap_auth_type(r)) {
 -           if (!ap_some_auth_required(r)) {
 +           if (!ap_some_auth_required(r) &&
 (((access_status = ap_check_user_id
 (r)) != 0) || !ap_auth_type(r))) {
 			                 decl_die(access_status,
 ap_auth_type(r)
     ? "check access"
 -   : "perform authentication. AuthType not set!", r);
 +   : "Satisfy any directive must be used along with
 both allow and require directives..!",r);
             return;
             }
 }

 regards,
 vsolve_apache.

 >Subject:
 >        config/5212: "satisfy any" in the config file
 without any related conf
 >        lines causes 500 errors but no logging of
 cause
 > Date:  28 Oct 1999 16:13:47 -0000
 > From: Nicholas Clark <nick@talking.bollo.cx>
 > To: apbugs@hyperreal.org
 >
 >Number:         5212
 >Category:       config
 >Synopsis:       "satisfy any" in the config file
 without any related conf lines causes 500 errors but
 no logging of cause
 >Confidential:   no
 >Severity:       non-critical
 >Release:        1.3.9
 >Environment:
 SunOS kurt 5.6 Generic_105181-05 sun4u sparc
 SUNW,Ultra-5_10

 gcc 2.8.1
 If you have a conf entry such as

 <Directory "/home/nick/apache/htdocs">

 #
 # This may also be "None", "All", or any combination
 of "Indexes",
 # "Includes", "FollowSymLinks", "ExecCGI", or
 "MultiViews".
 #
 # Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly*
 --- "Options All"
 # doesn't give it to you.
 #
     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

 #
 # This controls which options the .htaccess files in
 directories can
 # override. Can also be "All", or any combination of
 "Options", "FileInfo",
 # "AuthConfig", and "Limit"
 #
     AllowOverride None

 #
 #
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
     satisfy any
 </Directory>

 then the server gives out 500 errors for every URL,
 and doen't log what the problem is in any log
 >How-To-Repeat:
 Add that

     satisfy any

 to your conf file and restart
 >Fix:
 Make apache log in a server log why it's issuing 500
 errors.

 Otherwise it's damn hard to track the cause of the
 problem
 >Audit-Trail:
 >Unformatted:
 [In order for any reply to be added to the PR
 database, you need]
 [to include <apbugs@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and
 make sure the]
 [subject line starts with the report component and
 number, with ]
 [or without any 'Re:' prefixes (such as
 "general/1098:" or      ]
 ["Re: general/1098:").  If the subject doesn't match
 this       ]
 [pattern, your message will be misfiled and ignored.
 The       ]
 ["apbugs" address is not added to the Cc line of
 messages from  ]
 [the database automatically because of the potential
 for mail   ]
 [loops.  If you do not include this Cc, your reply may
 be ig-   ]
 [nored unless you are responding to an explicit
 request from a  ]
 [developer.  Reply only with text; DO NOT SEND
 ATTACHMENTS!     ]

 =====