www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From m...@apache.org
Subject Re: os-windows/5226: Can't create password files using the crypt algorithm under Windows
Date Mon, 01 Nov 1999 15:11:55 GMT

Synopsis: Can't create password files using the crypt algorithm under Windows

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: marc
State-Changed-When: Mon Nov  1 07:11:54 PST 1999
State-Changed-Why:
If we had the choice, we would use crypt() on Windows and
not need the whole MD5 thing.  But Windows doesn't have a
crypt() and we can't add one without having export control
issues.

So no, you can not generate crypt()ed passwords from Windows
and there is no plan to let you since then code would be
export restricted from the US.