www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Stephen Ulmer <ul...@ufl.edu>
Subject mod_jserv/5219: --with-apache-src (et cetera) doesn't work with relative paths
Date Fri, 29 Oct 1999 19:41:57 GMT

>Number:         5219
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       --with-apache-src (et cetera) doesn't work with relative paths
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When specifying the location of the apache source distribution (to statically
link mod_jserv into apache) you can't use a relative path, i.e,

	./configure --with-apache-src=../apache_1.3.9

will lead to compile-time errors because Makefiles in subdirectories also
think that the sources are in ../apache_1.3.9, when they're in
../../apache_1.3.9.

The same is true of --with-JSDK.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I would guess that automake should take care of this, but there
may be an incorrect specification of a variable or some such.  I haven't
examined it in depth.

mod_perl does it correctly, but they're using the Makefile.PL goop.