www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Richard Fincher <rich...@room101.co.uk>
Subject mod_auth-any/5190: .htaccess password-protected directories give 'Document contains no data' when correct username/password entered
Date Sat, 23 Oct 1999 20:17:30 GMT

>Number:         5190
>Category:       mod_auth-any
>Synopsis:       .htaccess password-protected directories give 'Document contains no data'
when correct username/password entered
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
.htaccess file :
AuthUserFile /secure/r/room101.co.uk/docs/test/.username
AuthName "Test"
AuthType Basic

require valid-user

I tried downloading and compiling Apache 1.3.9 from ftp.apache.org - this didn't help.
However, downloading and compiling Apache 1.3.9 on my Slackware 3.5 machine DID work fine.
It doesn't seem to make any difference whether mod_auth.so is loaded as a module or compiled
in.

Also, Stronghold 2.2 running on the same machine as I'm having problems with,
does not suffer from the same problem.

>How-To-Repeat:
http://www2.room101.co.uk/test/
Username : Test