www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Mike Dusseault <m...@home.com>
Subject mod_jserv/5133: After a getInputStream, InputStream.available() always returns a 0
Date Fri, 08 Oct 1999 14:50:51 GMT

>Number:         5133
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       After a getInputStream, InputStream.available() always returns a 0
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
After getting the InputStream, any call to available always returns a 0.
>How-To-Repeat:
Well, call available() on the InputStream (i.e. JServInputStream) and
you'll always always get a 0.
>Fix:
The default implementation of InputStream.available() merely returns a 0
at all times.  Someone just forgot to override the method.  Just add the
following to the JServInputStream inner class in JServConnection:

public int available()
{
  return((int)available);
}

Voila, and our servlet now runs properly.  Note that I had to cast to int
since that's what the InputStream method returns.  So you might as well
make that available variable an int rather than a long in this case.
Up to you guys.

Don't ya just love open source?  How long would it have taken me to
find this if I didn't have the source?  Yikes...  Once a programmer
goes open source, it's hard to go back.  The advantages are just too
huge.  CLosed source APIs are a stupid idea.

Keep up the good work folks!  Everybody appreciates it.