www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "G. Roderick Singleton" <ge...@pathtech.org>
Subject Re: config/5100: Default config parameters supressed when --activate_module used
Date Tue, 05 Oct 1999 13:40:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/5100; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "G. Roderick Singleton" <gerry@pathtech.org>
To: apache-bugdb@apache.org
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: config/5100: Default config parameters supressed when --activate_module used
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 09:35:38 -0400 (EDT)

 More fuel, I'm a csh user and found that behaviour is better under sh or ksh.

 e.g.

 %sh
 $ INCLUDES="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/lib" LIBS="-ldb"
./configure --prefix=`pwd` --enable-shared=max --enable-module=all --activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a

 Produces a working httpd.

 I suggest updating the INSTALL document to include the following:

 Configuration and compilation of apache works best when performed using 'sh' or 'ksh'.  C-shell
users may experience bizarre results.

 I have still not taken apart configure to determine why it supresses the defaults.