www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "G. Roderick Singleton" <ge...@pathtech.org>
Subject Re: config/5100: Default config parameters supressed when --activate_module used
Date Tue, 05 Oct 1999 13:35:38 GMT

More fuel, I'm a csh user and found that behaviour is better under sh or ksh.

e.g.

%sh
$ INCLUDES="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/lib" LIBS="-ldb"
./configure --prefix=`pwd` --enable-shared=max --enable-module=all --activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a

Produces a working httpd.

I suggest updating the INSTALL document to include the following:

Configuration and compilation of apache works best when performed using 'sh' or 'ksh'.  C-shell
users may experience bizarre results.

I have still not taken apart configure to determine why it supresses the defaults.