www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Tony <anthony.l...@wdr.com>
Subject config/5097: Jserv raises IllegalAccessError trying to access a private class in a JAR file
Date Mon, 04 Oct 1999 15:42:57 GMT

>Number:         5097
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Jserv raises IllegalAccessError trying to access a private class in a
JAR file
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I am using Javasoft XML package xml.jar. When running a routine via JServ,
JServ raises an error;
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: com/sun/xml/tree/ParentNode.
        at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

This is a private class which my code does not explicitly call. If I run the same
app on UNIX JVM (ie UNIX prompt and redirect to System.out...there is no error.
It seems that Apache tries to load all classes used. I suspect I call a class
within the JAR file, which in turn calls the private class.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I suggest this is a set-up problem. I've checked FAQ, but I can't see this
problem reported