www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Aart de Vries <advr...@iae.nl>
Subject mod_jserv/5093: INSTALL document contains false and incomplete information
Date Sat, 02 Oct 1999 08:42:30 GMT

>Number:         5093
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       INSTALL document contains false and incomplete information
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Under 1. "Requirements" it still reads that both apache 1.2 and 1.3 are supported.
This is not true anymory. Suggestion to insert the text from the Upgrade
page on the web, which reads:
"We have removed all support for Apache 1.2.x. Apache 1.3.x has been out for quite some time
now and we feel that it is best that you upgrade to the latest version. We also had several
bugs as a result of bugs in Apache 1.2.x that have been resolved in Apache 1.3.x."
***********
Under   5. "Build Apache and Apache JServ" it reads:
"   ./configure \
        --prefix=/usr/local/apache
        --activate-module=src/modules/jserv/libjserv.a
    make install"
I miss a "make" here before "make install". So it shoud read:
"   ./configure \
        --prefix=/usr/local/apache
        --activate-module=src/modules/jserv/libjserv.a
    make
    make install"
This is very important for newbies, so please change.