www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: config/5017: httpd crashed without warning when Group #-1
Date Thu, 16 Sep 1999 04:56:10 GMT
On 16 Sep 1999 marc@apache.org wrote:

> Synopsis: httpd crashed without warning when Group #-1
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
> State-Changed-By: marc
> State-Changed-When: Wed Sep 15 21:57:19 PDT 1999
> State-Changed-Why:
> "cleaning up after itself"?  Erm... I don't know what you
> mean.
>
> That is perfectly proper behaviour when you have it configured
> in a manner that doesn't work on your system... you simply have
> to fix the config.

Well, sure, of course apache's not going to keep working when I
misconfigure it. It didn't shutdown jserv though (which might just be a
problem with mod_jserv) and it didn't clean out the httpd.pid file. No big
deal, just thought you might like to know. Thanks for the extraordinarily
prompt response. Really, I thought that Group #-1 used to work under
Linux, but I must be more tired than I thought.

- donald