www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Sefera Armond <se...@hotmail.com>
Subject general/5060: User track generates flawed records.
Date Thu, 23 Sep 1999 09:32:39 GMT

>Number:         5060
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       User track generates flawed records.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
We have enabled the user-track module using cookies. And since we have made this change, the
logs generated by the apache began showing invalid entries in roughly 8% of the log entries.
Instead of showing "210.80.20.55.374637468346" we get only "-" or sometimes "378463478463"
in around 8% of the entries. We couldn't figure out why this is happenning and assumed (since
we couldn't find anything explaining this) that this must be some kind of a bug.
We get high amount of pageviews a day, so this may not be noticeable on a lower number of
pageviews.
If you can explain/solve/bug-fix this we'll be extermly glad.