www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Uwe Schuerkamp <hoo...@telemedia.de>
Subject Re: mod_jserv/5026: Using InitalContext(Properties p) on weblogic 4.03 produces EMERGENCY in log file
Date Sat, 18 Sep 1999 18:20:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_jserv/5026; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Uwe Schuerkamp <hoover@telemedia.de>
To: apbugs@hyperreal.org, jserv-bugdb@apache.org
Cc:  Subject: Re: mod_jserv/5026: Using InitalContext(Properties p) on weblogic 4.03 produces
EMERGENCY in log file
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 20:12:15 +0200

 On Fri, Sep 17, 1999 at 09:40:00AM -0000, apbugs@hyperreal.org wrote:
 > Thank you very much for your problem report.
 > It has the internal identification `mod_jserv/5026'.
 > The individual assigned to look at your
 > report is: jserv.

 The problem has been "solved" by running jserv in standalone
 mode and not having apache start its process on bootup. Still,
 I think this is a bug. I took me nearly three days of hacking
 and trying out various versions of operating systems, gsp/jsp
 implementations and version numbers, hacking java examples to
 pinpoint the offending statement and so on and so on.

 I wonder if maybe this might be a timeout problem of some
 sort, so that servlet headers did not get returned quickly
 enough and jserv registering this as a crash of some sort.

 Everything works now, so I guess the severity can be reduced
 to "normal" or whatever you see fit, and maybe a BIG warning
 sign in the jserv documentation is appropriate to having
 apache launch the jserv engine.

 Regards & keep up the good work,

 Uwe

 --
 Uwe Schuerkamp, Telemedia ////////////// Phone: +49 5241 80 10 66
 Carl-Bertelsmann-Str. 161 I  \\\\\\\\\\ uwe.schuerkamp at telemedia.de
 33311 Guetersloh \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ http://www.schuerkamp.de/
 PGP Fingerprint:  2E 13 20 22 9A 3F 63 7F  67 6F E9 B1 A8 36 A4 61