www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Nicholas Neuberger <nneuber...@paylinx.com>
Subject mod_jserv/5030: Missing Requirements for Apache with DSO and JServ with DSO
Date Fri, 17 Sep 1999 14:25:35 GMT

>Number:         5030
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       Missing Requirements for Apache with DSO and JServ with DSO
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I found the resolution in the FAQ on the java.apache.org site.  Very help full.  See:
http://java.apache.org/faq/fom-serve/cache/37.html for the resolution.

We stumbled on this error:  "you do not have DSO support" on doing the make or configure for
JServ.

The resolution was not having Perl 5.0 on the server.  The server is completly new with nothing
installed.
>How-To-Repeat:
Use a clean machine w/o Perl 5.0.  Install Apache 1.3 with DSO support.  Try to install JServ
with DSO support.  The error will occur due to not having Perl 5 loaded on the server.
>Fix:
The documenation on the README of the JSERV should probably have the requirements of needing
Perl 5.0 on the requirements if using DSO support for the mod_jserv.so