www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From David Whitmarsh <david.whitma...@dial.pipex.com>
Subject os-windows/5028: Use of -c or -C options prevents apache from running
Date Fri, 17 Sep 1999 12:41:37 GMT

>Number:         5028
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Use of -c or -C options prevents apache from running
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When setting a command line paramter containing a space, such as

apache -d /work/apache -c "ProxyRequests On"

The function create_process when starting a child process loses the quotes so
that ProxyRequests and On become separate paramaters, leading to a failure to
start the child. The parent loops indefinitely restarting the child.

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Changing line 5819 of http_main.c (in create_process) to quote all parameters
fixes the problem for me on windows 95. I will post a patch to new-httpd later.