www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Thomas Hagedorn <th...@s-direktnet.de>
Subject config/5021: apachectl not abled to handle with different configfiles
Date Thu, 16 Sep 1999 15:40:22 GMT

>Number:         5021
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       apachectl not abled to handle with different configfiles
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
we missed the possibility to maintain the apache with the apachectl,
i.e for 'restart' if we use different configfiles.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I modified the apachectl-script so it  recognizes if 'HTTPD_CONF' is set in the environment.
In this case, the httpd is invoced with the '-f' option. Now it works even with 'configtest'
and 'restart'.

Here's the diff, I still hope, this will be helpfull for some othe users,

best regards
tom
----------------------------
*** apachectl.orig      Thu Sep 16 17:07:00 1999
--- apachectl   Thu Sep 16 17:14:12 1999
***************
*** 26,31 ****
--- 26,34 ----
  #
  # the path to your httpd binary, including options if necessary
  HTTPD=/home/hr75adm/httpsd/bin/httpd
+ if [ x$HTTPD_CONF != 'x' ] ; then
+       HTTPD="$HTTPD -f $HTTPD_CONF"
+ fi
  #
  # a command that outputs a formatted text version of the HTML at the
  # url given on the command line.  Designed for lynx, however other
***************
*** 174,179 ****
--- 177,184 ----
  graceful   - do a graceful restart by sending a SIGUSR1 or start if not running
  configtest - do a configuration syntax test
  help       - this screen
+
+ If you have set HTTPD_CONF in your environment, this configurationfile is used.

  EOF
        ERROR=2