www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From stodd...@apache.org
Subject Re: mod_autoindex/4968: Header and Readme no longer appears in generated directory index, as did properly in Apache 1.3.6
Date Thu, 09 Sep 1999 20:03:15 GMT

Synopsis: Header and  Readme no longer appears in generated directory index, as did properly
in Apache 1.3.6

Comment-Added-By: stoddard
Comment-Added-When: Thu Sep  9 13:03:11 PDT 1999
Comment-Added:
Yes, I did misunderstand because this function works fine
for me. I have the (dis?)advantage of not knowing how it worked prior to 1.3.9 :-)

Apache 1.3.9 requires that the arguments to ReadmeName and
HeaderName contain an extension recognized by the server,
e.g., Readme.html. Furthermore, the real file's name must
exactly match the file name specified in the config
directive. This is a change from pre 1.3.9 behaviour where
the server would intuit the .html extension.  You may be
able to enable multiviews in the directory to recover the
previous behaviour.