www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From stodd...@apache.org
Subject Re: mod_autoindex/4961: Header and readme files are not being added to directory indexes.
Date Thu, 09 Sep 1999 19:59:56 GMT

Synopsis: Header and readme files are not being added to directory indexes.

Comment-Added-By: stoddard
Comment-Added-When: Thu Sep  9 12:59:55 PDT 1999
Comment-Added:
I think I know what the problem is... Apache 1.3.9 requires
that the arguments to ReadmeName and HeaderName contain an
extension recognized by the server, e.g., Readme.html.
Furthermore, the real file's name must exactly match the
file name specified in the config directive. This is a
change from pre 1.3.9 behaviour where the server would intuit the .html extension.  You may
be able to enable multiviews in the directory to recover the previous
behaviour.