www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Life is hard, and then you die." <ron...@innovation.ch>
Subject Re: mod_digest/4957: mod_auth_digest failed with incorrect nonce value
Date Sun, 05 Sep 1999 22:10:03 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_digest/4957; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Life is hard, and then you die." <ronald@innovation.ch>
To: apbugs@Apache.Org
Cc:  Subject: Re: mod_digest/4957: mod_auth_digest failed with incorrect nonce value
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 21:54:52 +0200 (MET DST)

 > check_nonce code in mod_auth_digest code does not work correctly in
 > HP-UX CC compiler where the strcmp(hash, resp->nonce+NONCE_TIME_LEN)
 > always failed.  I modified the mod_auth_digest code to extract the hash
 > from resp->nonce and it works for HP-UX 10.20 and HPUX 11.0.  the diff
 > is below.

 Hmm, could explain why the code fails? Is this a bug in the compiler?
 What optimization flags did you compile the module with, and what
 happens if you compile w/o optimization?

 While the patch is basically ok, I completely fail to see why the
 original code has a problem, and why the patch fixes it.

   Cheers,

   Ronald