www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Stephen White <bla...@helium.biomol.uci.edu>
Subject os-windows/4952: After binary install, Apache fails to start.
Date Thu, 02 Sep 1999 05:52:29 GMT

>Number:         4952
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       After binary install, Apache fails to start.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
After installing the binaries via apache_1_3_9_win32.exe, Apache failed to start.
Message received: WS32_32.DLL not found.  The purpose of this DLL is not clear.
A search of my hard drives failed to locate a copy.  I assume it is specific to
Apache 1.3.9 and was left out of the binary distribution.
>How-To-Repeat:
Install Apache 1.3.9 over Apache 1.3.6.
>Fix:
Nope!