www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: general/4816: SSI in CGI
Date Wed, 04 Aug 1999 13:18:00 GMT

> and how can you possibly say it isn't possible?
>
> It is possible!
>
> mod_include
> now reads and replaces all SSI tags etc. right?
>
> mod_cgi
> FILE *blah = fdopen ( script_in -> fd , "rb" );
> Now, we have same data as mod_include wants.

That assumes that the cgi module is execute before the ssi module, which
is not always the case.

> We could just copy the source of mod_include inside
> mod_cgi or perhaps just use an internal_redirect
> or something.
>
> Thanx anyway!

If you already have a method for doing this, why did you submit the
report?  Because you want it faster, or you want it cleaner, or you want
it as part of the base dist.  As a part of the base dist, this is not
currently supported, as I stated above.  Is it possible to put it in for
one case?  Yes.  Is it possible to put it in cleanly, and for the general
case?  Yes, but it hasn't been done yet, and it isn't included in the base
dist, and it won't be until 2.1 or 2.2.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd