www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Jim Smart" <...@ubik.net>
Subject RE: os-windows/4910: Unable to start Apache NT Service if document root is configured to be on drive other than where Apache is installed
Date Tue, 31 Aug 1999 15:40:04 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-windows/4910; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Jim Smart" <jim@ubik.net>
To: <stoddard@apache.org>,
	<apwww@hyperreal.org>
Cc: <apbugs@Apache.Org>
Subject: RE: os-windows/4910: Unable to start Apache NT Service if document root is configured
to be on drive other than where Apache is installed
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 16:37:38 +0100

 > Is your f: drive network mounted or is it local? Check the
 > access permissions of the drive. I suspect this is a permissions problem

 My f: drive is a local drive, and not a network drive.

 All permissions on all drives are identical, having the default NT
 permissions throughout. We've not implictly tightened the security as our
 servers are used for development purposes only (on an intranet behind a
 firewall).