www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "roshan george" <rosha...@mailcity.com>
Subject Re: config/4919: Incompatibility with the C compiler of RedHat Linux 6.0
Date Sat, 28 Aug 1999 13:20:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/4919; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "roshan george" <roshan_g@mailcity.com>
To: marc@apache.org
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: config/4919: Incompatibility with the C compiler of RedHat Linux 6.0
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 18:48:23 +0530

 --

 On 28 Aug 1999 06:22:34 -000   marc wrote:
 >Synopsis: Incompatibility with the C compiler of RedHat Linux 6.0
 >
 >State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
 >State-Changed-By: marc
 >State-Changed-When: Fri Aug 27 23:22:33 PDT 1999
 >State-Changed-Why:
 >You need to be a lot more specific.  Exactly what did you
 >enter to try to configure it?
 I downloaded this file apache_1.3.9.tar.gz from apache.org
 I uncompressed it in the directory /usr/local
 I read the INSTALL file
 I tried to intall using APACI
 so i executed the script configure in the directory the /usr/local/apache_1.3.9
 it gave the following error
 #./configure
 Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.9
  + Warning: Configuring Apache with default settings.
  + This is probably not what you really want.
  + Please read the README.configure and INSTALL files
  + first or at least run './configure --help' for
  + a compact summary of available options.
  + using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
 Creating Makefile
 Creating Configuration.apaci in src
 Creating Makefile in src
  + configured for Linux platform
  + setting C compiler to gcc
  + setting C pre-processor to NOT-AVAILABLE
  + checking for system header files
  + adding selected modules
  + checking sizeof various data types
  + doing sanity check on compiler and options
 ** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
 ** failed. This is most likely because your C compiler
 ** is not ANSI. Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such
 ** as gcc. The above error message from your compiler
 ** will also provide a clue.
  Aborting!

 I think this would be sufficient..
 thanks in advance..