www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Andrew Laakmann <a...@webshots.com>
Subject general/4909: Apache dies (sometimes taking down the entire machine) with "Invalid argument: accept: (client socket)".
Date Thu, 26 Aug 1999 14:38:37 GMT

>Number:         4909
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Apache dies (sometimes taking down the entire machine) with "Invalid argument:
accept: (client socket)".
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Apache dies (usually taking down the entire machine) with "Invalid argument: accept: (client
socket)".  This usually (but not always) happens after a restart. The machine is reasonably
loaded (10-30 hits per second) This happens on a variety of Linux machines (we have 8 in our
server farm) and it seems to happen on all machines.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
sometimes a restart will fix it