www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From David Robertson <thefor...@netscape.net>
Subject mod_jserv/4850: cant delete cookie with setMaxAge(0).
Date Wed, 11 Aug 1999 16:47:42 GMT

>Number:         4850
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       cant delete cookie with setMaxAge(0).
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I noticed that using the setMaxAge(0) method doesn't delete a cookie as it should on this
release and platform.
I tested this on a linux version of apache/JServ and it works OK.  Tested with Netscape 4.61
on windows and also Netscape 4.07 on linux.
The only way I can delete the cookie is to use a "very near" future expire value such as setMaxAge(1).

I believe the jsdk2.0 documenation for the Cookie class for setMaxAge states that to delete
a cookie, use a value of 0.  To create a non-disk cookie, use a value in the past.  And all
future dates will expire as they are reached.
I can email you a very simple, self containing stand alone servlet to demonstrate this if
you would like.  Please respond to the email above for any further info.
Thanks for the work you do; Apache/Jserv is wonderful.
email request for simple servlet to theforest@netscape.net.
>Fix:
no, sorry.  It is happening on apache 1.3.6/jserv1.0 on NT.  DOES NOT happen on apache 1.3.3/jserv1.0b3
on linux.