www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Faisal Nasim <swift...@bigfoot.com>
Subject general/4819: offer
Date Wed, 04 Aug 1999 16:22:03 GMT

>Number:         4819
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       offer
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Hi,

I am a kid, and I am a programmer! I have been recently doing some work on Apache source for
a new company which is going to start soon, to allow the parsing of CGI/SSI files to put banner
in the top or put banner in place of <!--banner--> which is sent as an output of either
CGI or SSI, and I have succesfully done it, by redirecting all the output of the CGI to a
CGI outside the document root, which parses the data, and then it reads the data back (using
Apache API ab_spawn), it works like a charm for both CGI and SSI. This can be VERY useful
for many people! Hypermart and VirtualAve does something like that but they don't send the
data to a script for parsing, but they just print out the direct header from the main handler
function.

I am pretty sure that it is not yet supported by Apache, as I aksed earlier before starting
work on it and you guyz replied in negative.

Now I would like to take up the credit and honour to send it to you to distribute it publicly,
perhaps as mod_xcgi and mod_xinclude in contributed directory.

do you give credits to the creator? :)

BTW, I am 15 year old, and remember, AGE DOES NOT MATTER! :)

Thank you.

PS. I am wondering that why do you guyz work on Apache? You give it for free, what do you
get? Is there a proper team or just a bunch of people who submits info and a maintainer (or
group of 2-3 people) release new Apache CURRENT++ version?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Faisal Nasim - The Whiz Kid
http://wss.hypermart.net/
http://www.projectlinux.org/