www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Faisal Nasim" <swift...@bigfoot.com>
Subject Re: general/4816: SSI in CGI
Date Wed, 04 Aug 1999 13:19:04 GMT
: Synopsis: SSI in CGI
:
: State-Changed-From-To: open-suspended
: State-Changed-By: rbbloom@us.ibm.com
: State-Changed-When: Wed Aug  4 06:14:28 PDT 1999
: State-Changed-Why:
: There is currently no way to parse cgi output for SSI tags.
: This feature has been requested many times in the past, and
: it is in plan for some time during the 2.X release.  I would
: expect to see this in 2.0, but hopefully 2.1 or 2.2.  I am

Many services have already hacked Apache source and done this.
One prominent example is:

www.hypermart.net/

and how can you possibly say it isn't possible?

It is possible!

mod_include
Reads a file and put it into FILE *
now reads and replaces all SSI tags etc. right?

mod_cgi
FILE *blah = fdopen ( script_in -> fd , "rb" );
Now, we have same data as mod_include wants.

We could just copy the source of mod_include inside
mod_cgi or perhaps just use an internal_redirect
or something.

Thanx anyway!

--
Faisal Nasim (the Whiz Kid)