www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pfaffinger <RPfaffin...@uswebcks.com>
Subject RE: config/4760: Allow from/Deny from with an IP wildcard mask???
Date Mon, 26 Jul 1999 13:59:41 GMT
Marc,

I should have been more specific.  My apologies.  The following scenarios:

deny from all
allow from 10.250 10.10

deny from all
allow from 10.250.*.* 10.10.*.*

deny from all
allow from 10.250.0.0 10.10.0.0

all do not work.  Only the domain name works, and then A/PTR records are
required for the hosts on those networks.  This is a problem with
DHCP-derived IP addresses on short lease times.  Apache version is NT 4.0.

Thanks,
Reinhard