www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: general/4797: After running make we are getting the beow mentioned error.
Date Fri, 30 Jul 1999 08:50:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/4797; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org>
To: Narasimha <narasimha.km@blr.sc.philips.com>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: general/4797: After running make we are getting the beow mentioned
 error.
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 10:39:05 +0200 (CEST)

 On 30 Jul 1999, Narasimha wrote:

 > HP-UX austin B.10.20 A 9000/715 2000250869 two-user license
 >
 > compiler used - gcc 2.8.1
 > make
 >         /cadappl/gcc/2.8.1/bin/gcc -c    -DHPUX10 -Aa -D_HPUX_SOURCE -DSTATUS   alloc.c
 > *Initialization*:1: missing token-sequence in `#assert'
 > *** Error exit code 1

 You are trying an awfully _old_ version of apache. You might want to
 fetch 1.3.6 from www.apache.org before continuing.

 As to this error; I've seen this on HP before when the native includes
 gets mixed which Gcc's includes. For example if you compile/configure gcc
 with no '--prefix' and later install/move it from its normal/default
 /usr/local.. location to some other place. Have you ever compliled any
 other 'complex' third party software, for example perl or mSQL on the
 machine ?

 Dw.