www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Chris Rousey <crou...@harland.net>
Subject mod_jserv/4781: Apache JServ does not remove name from uninstall after uninstall has completed successfully.
Date Tue, 27 Jul 1999 21:15:04 GMT

>Number:         4781
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       Apache JServ does not remove name from uninstall after uninstall has completed
successfully.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When I uninstall Apache JServ from NT's Add/Remove Programs I receive a message the the uninstall
was successful but the name "Apache JServ 1.0b2ap1.3.3" is still listed.  If I try to uninstall
again I receive a message the uninstal.log file is not found.  This is obvious since the uninstall
the first time was successful.
>How-To-Repeat:
Uninstall JServ 1.0b2 and verify it is still listed in the Add/Remove Programs.
>Fix:
The mindvision application you use to install should allow you to remove the entry from the
registry unless this is a bug within the shareware version that you are using.  PS - The Mindvision
VISE license screen indicates the distribution of commercial software is prohibited; you might
want to check into that before a problem occurs.