www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Alex Chang <ach...@jway.com>
Subject Re: mod_auth-any/4707: can not implement user authentication using mod_auth
Date Sun, 18 Jul 1999 04:10:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_auth-any/4707; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alex Chang <achang@jway.com>
To: ask@apache.org
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: mod_auth-any/4707: can not implement user authentication
  using mod_auth
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 21:10:15 +0100

 At 05:08 PM 7/9/99 +0000, you wrote:
 >[In order for any reply to be added to the PR database, ]
 >[you need to include <apbugs@Apache.Org> in the Cc line ]
 >[and leave the subject line UNCHANGED.  This is not done]
 >[automatically because of the potential for mail loops. ]
 >[If you do not include this Cc, your reply may be ig-   ]
 >[nored unless you are responding to an explicit request ]
 >[from a developer.                                      ]
 >[Reply only with text; DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS!         ]
 >

 >Synopsis: can not implement user authentication using mod_auth
 >
 >Comment-Added-By: ask
 >Comment-Added-When: Fri Jul  9 10:08:24 PDT 1999
 >Comment-Added:
 >Check the permissions of the /usr/local/apache/secrets/ directory.

 The permission fixed the password error I was getting.   But I have have
 the same setup for a different port number mapped to a different directory,
  it did not prompt for login, it just finish drawing the page.  The
 permission and owners are set to the identical setting as the one that has
 working password protection.

 Thank you for your help,

 Alex Chang