www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Andromeda <androm...@htmlworkshop.com>
Subject config/4701: compiler cannot find mod_rewrite.h if it was included using --add-module="..."
Date Mon, 05 Jul 1999 22:56:39 GMT

>Number:         4701
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       compiler cannot find mod_rewrite.h if it was included using --add-module="..."
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When I run the APACI configuration script, and use the --add-module parameter to manually
add "mod_rewrite.c" to the configuration, the configure script will not copy mod_rewrite.h
from the "src/modules/standard" directory to the "src/modules/extra" directory.

This will cause a fatal error (obviously) during the compilation of the mod_rewrite module.
This can be fixed by copying the mod_rewrite.h file to the "src/modules/extra" directory manually
before calling "make".

This should be fixed :)
>How-To-Repeat:
Run the following code:

./configure --prefix="/usr/local/apache" --add-module="./src/modules/standard/mo
d_rewrite.c"

Then run "make". During configuration everything goes fine, but during compile mod_rewrite
causes an error which aborts the compile.
>Fix:
Copy mod_rewrite.h into the extra directory as well, not just mod_rewrite.c. Once I did that,
I had no problems compiling.