www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Darrin Darmochid <dm...@cableregina.com>
Subject Re: mod_auth-any/4691: .htaccess unknown command
Date Sat, 03 Jul 1999 23:10:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_auth-any/4691; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Darrin Darmochid <dmdar@cableregina.com>
To: Ask Bjoern Hansen <ask@valueclick.com>
Cc:  Subject: Re: mod_auth-any/4691: .htaccess unknown command
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 15:02:35

 It wont matter what the context or file data is there ..but heres a
 sample of some of  the info that i found and am trying here..

 I have edited that file to the point wher there wasn't anything in it to
 where it was setup ffor username and password access. i used examples of
 the .htaccess file from the net and found several pages on the net.. i
 used the password generator ato generate the passes as well here and
 assigned that file as well. If the .htaccess file is removed from the
 directopry the page Wil load without the error 500.

 AuthGroupFile /dev/null

 AuthName "My private page"

 AuthType Basic

 <<Limit GET POST>

 requir user guest

 <</Limit>

 and there is a space after the <</Limit> as advised on a few websites as
 well.

 The problem is that when the file is there, it tells me that its as
 'unknown command' in the Apache error logfile..

 [Sat Jul 03 15:01:21 1999] [alert] [client 24.72.6.114] d:/program
 files/apache group/apache/htdocs/test/.htaccess: Invalid command
 '{\rtf1\ansi\deff0\deftab720{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss', perhaps mis-spelled or
 defined by a module not included in the server configuration

 </fontfamily>The server that I'm running is the 1.3.6 win32 build on
 NT.

 Darrin

 At 12:28 PM 03/07/99 -0700, you wrote:

 >What's the content of your .htaccess file that causes the error
 message?